Building Plan Approval System (BPAS)
Existing Situation :
- Lack of information to the citizens for self checks etc
- Limited availability of delivery channels and availability of facilities or services for limited periods.
- Citizens physically visit the municipalities several times to obtain, submit and check status for the application.
- No facilities for Online Fee calculation / Payment
- No readily available historical data/ MIS given the accurate and updated information
- Non integration with accounts department delays the process of reconciliation and generation of the financial statements process.
Building & Layout Plan Approval System Overview
The Building & Plan approval process can be divided into following sub-processes:
- Approval of building proposals of various types and nature of buildings
- Approval of layout proposals
- Processing and disposal of plans
- Calculation and collection of fees
"Building Plan Approval System" a must have tool for developing smart cities
Building Plan Approval System (BPAS) one of the components of the smart cityhas the ability to provide single window for acquiring building permits, NOC's and clearances from multiple agencies.
The unique features of BPAS are:
- Building Plan Approval System reads CAD drawing and produces scrutiny reports in a few minutes, mapping all the development control rules of the Authority to the drawing entities.
- Building Plan Approval System automates the lengthy and cumbersome manual process of checking the development regulations, thus reducing paper work, valuable time and effort of Architects and the Authority.
- Building Plan Approval System helps in attaining the e-Governance by maintaining digitized versions of the documents.
- The Approval System standardizes the building drawing plan process
- Building Plan Approval System architects submit the plan on a CD by putting the basic data of a proposal on a 'Single' window
- Building Plan Approval System after initial scrutiny of the documents, a date for site visit of the building inspector or concerned officer is notified to Architects and concerned Building Inspectors via SMS.
- BPAMS supports Palm interface whereby the visiting building inspector or officer at site will capture site visit report along with photograph on a PDA device.
- Ownership, NOC and other documents related to plan approval are scrutinized in BPAMS
- Building Plan Approval System gives control to AutoDCR for drawing based scrutiny
- Final Scrutiny reports and MIS reports generated and published
- Uniformity and Compliance – The approval system is based on uniform interpretation of development control rules bringing in uniformity and compliance.
- Acceleration – Accelerates scrutiny process by eliminating lengthy and cumbersome computations.
- Process Innovation & Integration – Transformation of scrutiny and approval of plans through CAD and workflow technology brings in innovation in the process. All stakeholders concerned in the approval process are brought together on a single platform.
- Accountability – Authorized roles and responsibilities are mapped and MIS reports generated to help track process efficiency.
- Transparency – Subjectivity in the plan approval process is totally eliminated and clear reasons are stated for approval or rejections.